- Design, develop, code, test, debug and maintain complex, mission-critical online and batch mainframe applications, as defined by customer-driven and internal program initiated requirements.
- Prepare estimates for assigned development tasks and estimates for upcoming task order work based on new proposals and/or statements of work.
- Support the initiation, evaluation and testing process improvement and technology changes for assigned product(s).
- Analyze and interpret results using statistical analysis, complex logic and other techniques.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Installs software and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Proficiently apply appropriate methodologies to design, code, test, implement and maintain mainframe systems.
- Bachelor’s or its equivalent in a computer science or computationally related engineering field.
- Experience in full software development life cycle.
- Strong understanding of Windows and Cisco systems, servers, switches, routers, hubs, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP UDP.
- 2+ years of programming languages such as R, Python, Java, or SAS/SPSS statistical package experience.
- 2+ year experience with using SQL to assemble and prepare data from multiple disparate sources preferred.